Thursday, February 25, 2010

#77: Searching - Images

Using AllFreeClipArt, I was able to get to a reasonably non-troll-like Santa Claus in 3 clicks. I wouldn't describe the experience as user-friendly, though.

Of the sites listed at "10 Places to Find Free Images Online," I checked freedigitalphotos.net first. I found it doesn't pay to look for something too specific. When I searched for Monument Valley, I got 0 results. In the "Places" category, though, there are lots of pictures of places in the U.S. In the "Animals" category, "Dogs" subcategory, there are 55 pictures, which is a pretty good selection. When I did a search for "puppy," I only got 5 hits, so not such a good selection. The second one I tried was freephotosbank.com. It didn't seem as well-organized as freedigitalphotos.net. It looked like the people that upload the photos get to categorize and label them. However, I did find a few photos of Monument Valley there. You can't overstate the importance of Monument Valley photos!

I use Clipart.com all the time for the blog on our branch page. Here's one I used for the AARP Tax Aide program.

Clipart from jupiterimages.com.

No comments: