Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 2: #3 & #4 - Here I Am

Here I am typing my first blog post. I feel more well-rounded and up-to-date already.

Our first exercise is to write about which learning habits from the tutorial are hardest for us, which are easiest for us and why. Of the 5 things listed in the tutorial, the hardest for me, in general, is setting goals. I don't know why that's hard for me, but I know it's something I always had trouble with when a teacher or professor made us do it in school. In this case, however, my goal is to learn enough about these new technologies to actually be of help to customers that ask about them. That's providing my motivation, so motivation is easy. Organization is always easy for me because I like to categorize and arrange things, a common characteristic among librarians. Thinking positive comes and goes according to my current level of fatigue. And I'm getting better at giving myself credit. Sometimes I'm downright proud of something I've accomplished. [Are you asleep yet? Remember I was required to put this stuff about learning habits on here.] This doesn't exactly fit the list on the tutorial, but the hardest thing about this exercise for me was deciding what to call this blog. Since I've decided to call it the Pughuahua Page, I will feel obligated to post photos of and stories about my new puppy, in addition to the required exercises. :)

Our second required exercise is to post our thoughts about internet safety and privacy. I think that the video about "Sarah" was very scary and unfortunately realistic. Once you put something "out there," you can't control who reads it or what they do with it. I have never understood why people would want to post their personal information and thoughts for all the world to see. I've been to training sessions that said it's a generational thing, that people that are less than 25 years old have a totally different concept of privacy than people that are over 25. It's a concept I can't wrap my mind around yet, but I'm working on it.

That's all for now. I'll talk to you later.

1 comment:

Fourdogmom said...

Is your new puppy a pug? Check out my pug Rosie at fourdogmom.