Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Week 9: #21 Podcasts

I knew from the get-go that I wasn't interested in audio podcasts, so I pretended they didn't exist. I read the #21 entries on several colleagues blogs and saw that many of them were unable to use Podcast.net. So was I. I liked the fact that PodcastAlley had categories, but everytime I clicked on an entry, rather than just showing me the video, it would always ask me to download something or log into something or subscribe to something, so I didn't actually look at any PodcastAlley videos. I'm surprised that Yahoo didn't have categories, since Yahoo started out by categorizing web sites, but I liked the fact that I could just click on a video and it would immediately pop up and start playing. I didn't know what to search for at first, but finally thought to search for national parks videos. I found one that I really liked about someone's Thanksgiving 2007 trip to Death Valley with their dog.

I don't think I have any personal use for podcasts, so I didn't add an RSS feed to my bloglines account. However, I saw that one of my colleagues mentioned podcast book talks. I think that high school and YA librarians could do video book talks and the fact that they are Web 2.0 technology would automatically make them more interesting to teens.

No comments: