Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 3: #6 - Flickr mashups (delayed)

Yesterday afternoon, I decided I can't stand being behind on this stuff any more. So, forget the performance reviews, forget the gap list that's due next week; I'm going to get caught up. So, I took the library's digital camera home last night to take more pictures of my puppy, in case I needed them, and I uploaded them to my Flickr account. Then I started fooling around with various Flickr mashups. First I tried "Retriever." I was always surprised by the results it brought up. At first I thought it was because my sketches were so bad. Then I realized the pictures in the example don't look anything like the smiley-face-with-hair, either. Next I did "Spell with Flickr." I got a version of "MY PUPPY" that I was satisfied with, but when I copied the URLs from the Metaatem page and tried to add the image to my blog, I got "Not a valid image URL." Then I copied the RSS feed and got "Not a valid feed URL." So, I did not succeed in getting the image onto my blog. Next, I tried out "Captioner!" I was able to put a caption on one of my Flickr photos, but, once again, when I tried to put the image on my blog, I got "Not a valid image URL." I did, however, do what the assignment said; I played with the mashups and posted my thoughts to my blog, so I completed the assignment. Right?

No comments: