Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 6: #14 Technorati

First I looked at the Technorati tools under the All, Blog Widgets, Desktop Widgets, and Blog Search & Info tabs. I thought the new News Widget looked like something anybody could use, but most of the other stuff is for people that spend a lot of time reading blogs, which I don't think I'll ever do. Next, I checked out the Where's the Fire page. It proves there's some disgusting stuff that's popular (e.g., posts regarding male genitalia in Arkansas). I'll be avoiding Where's the Fire from now on. Then I looked at the "Popular" page. I wasn't really interested in the popular blogs, but think the Top Videos, Movies, and News stories are nice. I did the advanced search using "Learning 2.0" as a keyword search in Blog posts, in tags and in the Blog Directory. The results were completely different. I thought the results for Blog Directory were most useful and the results for tags were much more useful than for Blog posts.

No comments: