Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Week 5: #11 Library Thing
As you can see in the column on the right, I figured out how to add books to my Library Thing library (http://www.librarything.com/catalog/pughuahuamom) and make a widget to show the books on my blog. I think I spent about 20 minutes tinkering with the widget settings to get the books displayed on the blog the way that I wanted. Rather than posting books that I own, I chose to post ones that I have particularly enjoyed. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" represents the entire series. I think the plotting, characterization, and setting of the Harry Potter books are sheer genius. "Crazy for You" represents all of Jennifer Crusie's pre-2005 books. They have dialogue that's so witty and so hilariously unexpected that I frequently laughed out loud when reading them. And, of course, "Lean Mean Thirteen" represents Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, which gets more Jennifer Crusie-ish (more fun) with each installment. "Murder On a Bad Hair Day" represents the Anne George "Southern Sisters" series. They are mysteries that are good without being too dark or heavy. And "Deep South" represents Nevada Barr's Anna Pigeon (national park ranger) series. I enjoyed all of them up until "Hard Truth." It involved the extreme torture of girls 12-14 years old. I don't hold up well under torture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment