Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 4: #8 - RSS feeds

Monday I created a Bloglines account and subscribed to a bunch of library-related blogs recommended by Jenny Levine, the Shifted Librarian, and Grace Lillevig, plus a BBC Front Page feed. Then I saw that the instructions said "Subscribe to some of the iHCPL participant blog feeds or HCPL Flickr photo feeds." So I looked for a blog with one of those little orange "RSS" logos on it. I found one on the "I Know I'm Crazy" blog, so I subscribed to that, along with the "IHCPL, a Learning Experience" blog. Then one of my coworkers told me that she had subscribed to all the blogs of all the people at our branch, even though they didn't have the RSS logo on them. So, today I subscribed to 2 of my coworkers' blogs and one's Flickr account. It seems to be working. I was crushed to find out that both of their blogs are very cleverly written and mine isn't, but that's okay. I'm learning what I'm supposed to be learning, more or less, and I think I've completed #8. I've also just figured out how to delete some of the subscriptions, which is very important. I don't see the point in being inundated with tons of info that I'll never have time to read.

No comments: