I had persuaded myself that I could actually look at Melanie M.'s avatars and recognize Melanie. So, I figured they were very precise and I was actually looking forward to making a mini-me. Boy, was I disappointed when I started making my Yahoo avatar. There was no hair like mine, no glasses like mine, no clothes like mine. As a matter of fact, the clothing choices seem to be sloppy, sloppier, slutty and sluttier. Avatars obviously don't dress as old-fashioned as I do. And what's up with the shoes? Every female avatar gets flip-flops? Aren't women notorious for wanting a lot of shoe choices? Well, all-in-all, I'm pretty satisfied with my avatar. She makes me look skinny and pretty. And I was very pleasantly surprised by the wide variety of background choices. It wasn't until today that one of my coworkers pointed out the "Export" button on the Yahoo avatars home page so I could put my avatar on this blog.
Next, I looked at Meez. I quickly decided that Meez was going to take more time than I had to spend.
Then I went to FD Toys and made myself a library police badge. I'm not posting it here (at least yet) because I want to replace my actual photo with my avatar (if I can figure out how).
I also looked at Comic Strip Generator. I was very impressed with the huge number of cartoons to choose from and wished I could think of something clever to say to go with one of them. Maybe some other time . . .
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment